Tourist places in Tamil Nadu – A state in South India, a wide range of tourist attracts here for its famous temples, cultural festivals, ancient Tamil and Anglo-Indian architecture, peaceful hill stations, popular beaches, and delightful festivals. the estimated population of the state is nearly 7.68 Crore.
Chennai is the largest metropolitan and capital city of Tamil Nadu, formerly known as Madras which is located on the Coromandel Coast of the Bay of Bengal, The city is well-known for its long sandy Marina beach is one of the longest urban beaches in the world, Thousand, Birla Planetarium, Kapaleeshwar Temple, Sri Parthasarathy Temple, Fort St. George, Lights Mosque, Connemara Public Library and Guindy National park.
Tourist attractions in Tamil Nadu
Coimbatore: Marudamalai Temple, Adiyogi Shiva statue, Perur Pateeswarar Temple, Velliangiri Mountains, Siruvani Waterfalls, Kovai Kondattam, Black Thunder Water Theme Park, Amusement Park.
Mahabalipuram: A UNESCO World Heritage Site group of monuments, Shore Temple, Pancha Rathas, Clock Tower, Hill Side Cave, and Tiger Cave.
Kanyakumari: the beautiful sunrise and sunset views of the Bay of Bengal, the Indian Ocean, and the Arabian Sea. The Thiruvalluvar Statue and the Vivekananda Rock Memorial are also located there.
Pondicherry: A Union Territory, It is well-known for its stunning beaches, attractive French Quarter, exquisite food and Aurobindo Ashram.
Ooty: A hill station located in the Nilgiri range of Western Ghats in Tamil Nadu, in the Western Ghats famous for its beautiful scenery with pleasant environment, Botanical Garden, Tea gardens, Coffee plantations Lakes and Boat house. it is one of the best tourist places in Tamil Nadu
Kodaikanal: Another beautiful hill station in Tamil Nadu, which is popular for its calm lakes, abundant flora, and trekking facilities.
Top 10 temples in Tamil Nadu
- Meenakshi Amman Temple: Dedicated to Goddess Parvati and Lord Shiva in Madurai
- Ramanathaswamy Temple: Dedicated to Lord Shiva (one of the 12 Jyotirlingas in India) in Rameshwaram
- Brihadeeswarar Temple: Dedicated to Lord Shiva (UNESCO World Heritage Site) in Thanjavur
- Nataraja Temple: Dedicated to Lord Shiva (dancing form of Lord Shiva) in Chidambaram
- Shore Temple: Dedicated to both Lord Shiva and Lord Vishnu (UNESCO World Heritage Site) in Mahabalipuram
- Kanchi Kailasanathar Temple: Dedicated to Lord Shiva (one of the oldest structural temple) in Kanchipuram
- Ekambareswarar Temple: Dedicated to Lord Shiva (one of the Pancha Bhoota Stalas, representing the element Earth) in Kanchipuram
- Thillai Nataraja Temple: Dedicated to Lord Shiva (one of the Pancha Bhoota Stalas, representing the element Sky) in Chidambaram
- Srirangam Ranganathaswamy Temple: Dedicated to Lord Vishnu (the largest functioning Hindu temples in the world) in Tiruchirappalli
- Kanyakumari Temple: Dedicated to Goddess Parvati (located in confluence of three seas Indian ocean, Arabian sea and Bay of bengal) in Kanyakumari
Popular Beaches in Tamil Nadu
- Marina Beach in Chennai (one of the longest urban beaches in the world)
- Mahabalipuram Beach in Mahabalipuram
- Covelong or Kovalam Beach in Mahabalipuram
- Rameswaram Beach in Rameswaram
- Dhanushkodi Beach in Dhanushkodi
- Velankanni Beach in Nagapattinam
- Kanyakumari Beach – Famous for its stunning sunrise / sunset views. Here the Bay of Bengal, the Arabian Sea, and the Indian Ocean meet)
- Pondicherry Beaches (The Union Territory, officially not in Tamil Nadu. Famous beaches are Auroville Beach,
Promenade Beach and Paradise Beach)