Places to visit in Rishikesh – Rishikesh is a city in the Indian state of Uttrakhand, near Dehradun. It is a Hindu pilgrimage town on the right bank of the Ganges River, with ancient sages and saints meditating here in search of higher knowledge. Rishikesh has three magnificent things: the lovely Ganga River, the Himalayan mountain range, and the Rajaji National Park Jungle.
Rishikesh is hence abundant with natural beauty and it is rightfully referred to as the “Yoga Capital of The World.” The location is bustling with guests who have come to learn yoga and meditation. This place is the home to a numerous ashrams where sadhus stay their simple and spiritual life, some of which are internationally recognized as hubs of philosophical study, yoga, and other old Indian healing traditions.
- Ram Jhula and Laxman Jhula
- The Beatles Ashram
- Neelkantha Mahadev Temple
- Triveni Ghat
- Swarg Ashram
- Rajaji National Park
- Shivpuri Neer Garh Waterfall
River rafting is one of the popular adventure activity in Rishikesh that involves navigating the rapids of the Ganges river on an inflatable raft. It is an exciting and pleasant way to discover Rishikesh’s natural beauty and culture. Rafting parts differ in Rishikesh according to the level of difficulty of the rapid and the length of the rafting.
- Brahmpuri to Rishikesh (Distance 9 km) Shortest stretch (for beginners and families).
- Shivpuri to Rishikesh (Distance 16 km) Most popular one (for adventure seekers and groups).
- Marine Drive to Rishikesh (Distance 26 km) Long stretch (for experienced rafters).
- Kaudiyala to Rishikesh (Distance 35 km) Most difficult one (for expert rafters).
Tourist can book river rafting through various operators in Rishikesh. some offer packages including rafting, camping, bonfire, meals, activities and transportation which depends on price, however the basic rafting packages starts at Rs 500 per individual for Brahmpuri to Rishikesh.
The best times to visit Rishikesh is September to November and March to May, weather will be awesome during these months which makes the atmosphere great for outdoor activities and sightseeing.