Mann Ki Baat Live: Prime Minister Narendra Modi apologizes to the poor while addressing the country through his monthly radio show ‘Mann Ki Baat’ at 11.00 am. for 21 days nationwide lockdown due to Coronavirus outbreak. This was Modi’s first show of “Mann Ki Baat” since the nationwide lockdown began in the country. PM has also mentioned the seriousness of coronavirus crisis and the importance it will play in the future for the demise of COVID-19.
Here’s what PM Narendra Modi said through “Mann Ki Baat Live”
- I apologize for taking these harsh steps which have caused difficulties in your lives, especially the poor people. I know some of you would be angry with me also. But these tough measures were needed to win this battle.
- Many have gone into quarantine despite having no symptoms. I applaud them for their spirit of responsibility.
- It really hurts me when I came to know that some people are misbehaving with those who are being advised home quarantine. We need to be sensitive and understanding. Increase social distancing but reduce emotional distancing.
- Many frontline soldiers who are fighting Coronavirus, not from their homes but from outside their homes. These are our front line soldiers-especially our brothers and sisters on duty as nurses, doctors & paramedical staff.
- I understand that nobody wants to break rules deliberately. But there are some people who are doing so because of any reason. I would like to tell them that it will be very difficult for us to protect ourselves from the danger of coronavirus outbreak if they don’t follow this lockdown.
- The battle against the Coronavirus outbreak is really a tough one However, it requires such harsh decisions. The safety of people is most important. I apologize to the poor for the hardships due to the coronavirus lockdown.
Published: Hindustan View 29/03/2020